It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 4.0.6 database creation fails due to error querying tablespace size

David Hanslip (23124448) | asked May 07 '14, 4:35 a.m.
Hi,

I have just installed CLM 4.0.6 on DB2 Express-C 10.1 and Windows and database creation fails when running the setup wizard:

The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0258E Error querying tablespace size.
etc etc

I can provide the jts.log file for more detail.
I don't have this problem with DB2 9.7.

Any suggestions before I call support?

Thanks!

Comments
Karl Weinert commented May 07 '14, 7:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you know what directory the database files are getting created in?

I suspect the "permissions are missing to use the data base that is located at the indicated path" means the user may not have the permissions to write to the directory where the database files are being stored.
You can find the permissions by right clicking the folder and choosing properties, then choose the security tab. DB2ADMINS group should be in the list, provided DB2 express works the same way as DB2 in that regard. I haven't used the express version before.

David Hanslip commented May 07 '14, 8:15 a.m.

Thanks for the suggestion.

On my Windows VM the database files are in C:\DB2. "Everyone" appears to have full control. I've also given the Administrators group full control but it hasn't made any difference.

I'm also having the same problem on my Linux VM.

Jon Gregory commented Jun 11 '14, 10:26 a.m.

Has this been fixed?  I can only seem to download v10.  Every link for 9.7 I goto takes me back to V10 Express-C.

2 answers

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Jun 18 '14, 7:44 a.m.
Hi All,

We encountered the same problem and we figured out that this error message is also thrown when the database version is not compatible with the CLM/RELM.  Please make sure that your db2 version is listed in the supported software.

regards,
Somashakar Kannan

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered May 07 '14, 5:22 a.m.
Hi, David

Typically the error could be related to DB user's permissions. See the discussions in the below post:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/22368/rqm-db2-setup-will-not-create-tables

Hopefully this helps.

Comments
David Hanslip commented May 07 '14, 6:31 a.m.

Hi Don. I reviewed this before posting. I tried one of the suggestions which was to install db2 as db2admin but it didn't make any difference.

WRT "permissions are missing to use the data base that is located at the indicated path", I'm not sure how to find that in a Windows installation or how to apply the fix in a Windows installation.

BTW, I'm having exactly the same problem in both Windows and Linux installs of CLM 4.0.6 and DB2 Express-C 10.1.

Regards, Dave.

Don Yang commented May 07 '14, 7:05 a.m.

Do you mean you also see the same error in the log file? can you please post more info here from the log?
if the user is db2admin, is it also in Windows local admin group?

David Hanslip commented May 07 '14, 10:20 a.m.

Hi Don. I'm seeing the same error in both the Linux and Windows jts.log files:

2014-05-07 20:06:54,993 [jts: Database creation] ERROR y.service.internal.DatabaseCreationProgressService  - The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0258E Error querying tablespace size.
    at com.ibm.team.repository.jdbcdriver.internal.db2.Db2Provider.shouldCreateNewTablespace(Db2Provider.java:502)
etc ad nauseum

I'd send you the log but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that here.

On Windows, the user is db2admin and that user is a member of Administrators.

I've tried db2 9.7 on my Windows VM and that works fine so it's something about Express-C 10.1.

Don Yang commented May 07 '14, 8:08 p.m.

It does look like something is related to Express-C 10.1. I am not sure if there is any elevated permissions in this specific DB2 version required. Will it make any difference if you create database from command line instead of setup wizard?
Otherwise, you can ask DB2 support for more ideas by a PMR.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.